USING YOUR MODEL 21000
Key Points about the Model
21000 Lighted Interchangeable Hitchcover:
- Does not need to be removed to ball mount
for towing. Only exchange the Lighted image plate with the White Light
which is provided.
- The Lighted Interchangeable Hitchcover and
Lighted Image Plates can be secured with the lock provided.
- The Lighted Image Plates give off a nice even
glow which can be seen clearly in poor light but does not create so much
light to be offensive to others following.
- The Interchangeable Lighted Hitchframe has Left
and Right Turn Signals and Brake Light incorporated in the Red frame. This
is included for safety that if someone is following you and has their
attention on your Lighted Image Plate, they will be alerted to any turns
or stops you will be making.
- You can collect many different image plates and
exchange quickly and easily as you desire.
- Custom Lighted Image Plates can me made at very
little extra cost. Take a digital picture of your favorite pet and we can
put it into a Lighted Image Plate for you.
This model is designed for
mounting over the outside of a hitch receiver with a 2 inch square hole.
- Make sure you have the proper clearances to
accept this mounting from the diagram below:
our Assembly Instructions
Using with our Lighted Image
- The Lighted Image Plates slide in from the right
to the left. Make sure the electrical contact is at the top left of the
- Removal of the Lighted Image Plates are done by
depressing the Thumb Latch on the right side of where the Light Image
Plate is ed while pushing the Lighted Image Plate using the thumb
access hole located behind the bottom left corner of the Red Lens.
- Keep the Interchangeable Hitchframe and the
Lighted Image Plates clean and dry as possible. Although our Hitchcover is
designed to tolerate some degree of moisture from rain and road spray,
avoid prolonged exposure without periods of drying and DO NOT IMMERSE UNIT. Remove entire unit if you plan on launching a
boat and believe the unit will come in contact with the water.
- Placing the provided lock into the Lighted Image
Plate Thumb Latch will lock the entire assembly to the receiver as long as
there is a Lighted Image Plate installed.
Towing a trailer while our
Lighted Interchangeable Hitchcover is installed:
- Remove any Lighted Image Plate which may be
- the special White Light Plate which has a
square hole in it.
- your desired ball mount through the hole
of the special White Light Plate and into the receiver as you normally
would. Make sure the ball mount does not come in contact with the Lighted
Interchangeable Hitchframe or the White Light Plate.
- Using the provided Hitchpin and Lock, you can
lock your ball mount into your receiver and this will also prevent the
theft of your Lighted Interchangeable Hitchframe and White Light Plate.
- Using the provided 18 inch “Y” connector cord,
you can plug both your trailer and the Interchangeable Lighted Hitchframe
into your vehicles trailer light receptacle. (You may need an adapter
which is not provided) Plugging in the Lighted Interchangeable Hitchcover
while towing will
a small gentle glow of illumination to light up your hitch coupling area. As
long as you are towing a trailer, the White Light should not cause any
distractions or be noticed by those following.
DO NOT CONNECT THE WHITE LIGHT TO YOUR VEHICHLES POWER IF YOU ARE NOT
TOWING A TRAILER.